Furniture lovers, a crazy month is coming to Asia and we don’t want you to miss it! For the next month, there will be a whopping 10 fairs that are certainly worth visiting. We will be visiting most of these upcoming furniture fairs in Asia, so if you’re too busy and can’t go to any of these events, don’t despair! Dezoo is here to attend these fairs and streamline the sourcing process for you.
With a constant increase of demand for wholesale orders with lower MOQ, South East Asia is playing a big role in satisfying this demand as low-cost manufacturing is moving away from China benefiting countries such as Malaysia, India, Indonesia and of course, Vietnam. We have high expectations for the upcoming fairs, we’ll share our experience with you in the coming months.
In March alone there will be 10 fairs that are strictly furniture & home décor related:
- Taipei International Furniture Show, considered as one of the biggest events in the furniture sector. It is going to be held from the 1st – 4th of March at the Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition. This event will feature products such as office furniture, Restaurant furniture, Bedroom Furniture, Bathroom furniture, outdoor furniture and much more.
- Jakarta international Lighting Exhibition, it’s without a doubt the go-to place if you’re sourcing for great lighting products, also known as ASEAN’s largest trade show for lighting. It will take place in the city park district on the North side of Jakarta from the 3rd – 5th of March
- Vietnam International Furniture Fair, with an astounding number of booths (over 1500) with registered visitors coming from 80 different countries how can we list fairs without mentioning VIFA. The fair is to be held on 7th – 10th March at the Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center, displaying a vast range of choices of furniture that you wish you can find at your local fairs.
- International Furniture Fair Singapore, with the city’s role on the international stage, the fair is sure to reflect the city’s image, it will feature a comprehensive range of furniture, furnishing, decorative accessories, interiors, and fittings by a diverse portfolio of quality exhibitors from almost 40 countries, and offer an unparalleled outreach to the highly dynamic market. The fair is set to launch on the 8th and will end on the 11th of March.
- Malaysian International Furniture Fair, located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur at the Putra World Trade Center covering an area of 100000 sqm providing space for the expected 600 manufacturers and exporters, at the fair you’ll not only find all types of furniture but also many accessories, fittings, materials, and hardware. The fair will be opened from the 9th – 11th March
- Philippines International Furniture Show, “A celebration of Filipino Creativity and ingenuity that is world-class” the event is marked as the biggest and most anticipated furniture and furnishing event in the country. The Show will take place in Manila from the 8th – 10th of March.
- Export Furniture Exhibition in Malaysia, the exhibition is scheduled to open on 9th of March, just one day after Malaysian International Furniture Fair, it will end on the 12th of March. Most products on display will be of top-quality modern and contemporary style right for bedrooms, living areas, kitchen, children, office, outdoor living, hotel lounges. If you are in a B2B business (like us) we highly recommend this show. Although the exhibition area only covers 35000 sqm which is not very big in comparison with other fairs, the exhibition targets Importers / Exporters, Buying Agents, Traders, Dealers / Distributors. A perfect place if you’re not only looking for suppliers.
- Jakarta International Expo, will be held on the exact same period as the Export Furniture Exhibition in Malaysia, there is definitely a fight for the spotlight. This year’s theme is wonderfully expressed as “The Essence of Infinite Innovation”, we are expecting to see many products that are created with natural materials that are design driven. If you are as big of a rattan fan as we are, we highly recommend this exhibition. You’ll not be disappointed.
- Design Shanghai, anything production related always go back to China but this time with a twist. As the name of the event suggests, Design Shanghai doesn’t showcase cheap copies of pieces like Eames Chair or the usual Egg Chair but it focuses on originality, a focus that usually brings the exhibitors to look toward the rich past of Chinese art that crosses with the modern style furniture. Demonstrating that Eastern and Western philosophies can indeed coexist harmoniously. The show will be held on the 14th-17th of March at the Shanghai Exhibition Center
- China International Furniture Fair Guangzhou, like every year, CIFF provides visitors with a wonderful spectacle of furniture & décor that is divided into two phases. The first phase is usually the most popular one since that is where you’ll find all outdoor & indoor furniture, it’ll also give you an area of a staggering 410.000 sqm to walk around. The first phase is scheduled to open on the 18th – 21st of March
If you think an event should be added to the list, feel free to share the event name and date in the comments below!